Thursday, August 30, 2012

Zine Fest and Literary Salon in September (SF)

poster design by squillo studio
September usually conjures images of school buses and freshly sharpened pencils. This Labor Day, I'm launching my post-MFA literary life at the 11th Annual San Francisco Zine Fest! Events include workshops & panels such as: a mail art creation station with the SF Correspondence Co-op; "Sewn, Not Stapled" bookmaking; creating webcomics; advanced self-publishing; and more!

"If you love postal-ish papery things, you won’t want to miss this!" says Jenny Hinchcliff at Red Letter Day Zine. For another preview of postal delights such as vintage stamps and oh-so-savory travels from afar, check out the blog at Felt & Wire.

September 1st + 2nd, 2012
11am - 6pm
San Francisco County Fair BLDG
in Golden Gate Park
FREE!

 Don't miss the Mission Comics party at 7!


The following week I'll attend a Left Coast Writers Literary Salon at Book Passage (Marin) on Tues., Sept. 4 at 7 PM. The featured speaker is Claudia Sternbach, Editor in Chief of Memoir Journal (prose, poetry, photography and more...) and author of Reading Lips, a Memoir of Kisses. I'm especially interested in learning more about the (in)Visible Memoirs project:
The (In)Visible Memoirs Project provides teaching writers with a unique opportunity to design memoir-centered workshops in communities they resonate with personally and locally — as well as an opportunity to edit the writing generated during the workshop towards publication in an annual anthology.
Check back as I'll be sure to blog about both!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Nicole. for all your beautiful words. I just wanted to let you know that I've nominated your blog for a Lovely Blog Award. Read all about it: http://wp.me/p1ro3Q-kF.

Tess Wixted
suhuratdaysend.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Nicole, for your stories and sharing your travels through the writing.

I wanted to let you know I've nominated Paper Pencil and Pen for a Lovely Blog Award. Read all about it: http://wp.me/p1ro3Q-kF.

Tess Wixted
suhuratdaysend.wordpress.com

Jennie Hinchcliff said...

Nicole -- thanks so much for giving both the Co-op and the Perennial Postcard Project a shout out on your blog; I really appreciate it! I hoping that you had a chance to stop by and make some mail art on Saturday; if not, we'll be having a Co-op meeting in October that you're more than welcome to attend... :-)
--Jennie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...