Saturday, November 2, 2013

The Sun Magazine Writer's Workshop at Esalen

One week has passed since my Esalen weekend writing workshop with the Sun magazine. Last Saturday at this time I was soaking in a cliffside hot spring just after sunrise, gazing at the grand Pacific before me, my body buoyant in rhythm with the ebb of waves, when two dolphin fins broke the surface in a silent arc and slipped back into darkness. Past them at a distance, a long line of migrating whales were breaching and blowing on their way south. It's the first time I've seen monarchs fly above the sea, most of them fluttering in the garden over the marigolds or folding their wings like dry autumn leaves hanging from redwood branches. There's a lot more to write about, with lovely pictures to post, but I'm on my way now to the coast... again.







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...