Saturday, October 6, 2012

Litquake--San Francisco's literary festival

Litquake is happening Oct. 5-13! It's the 13th annual week-long literary festival in San Francisco, including 163 events and more than 850 authors. 

Here’s the entire schedule at a glance. Check out select highlights or the full roster of 2012 Festival authors with links to their bios. Here’s a list of Litquake special programs, including the new Words and Pictures museum series, A Cultural Stroll through Yerba Buena--an art-centric series on Sunday, Oct. 7. You can wander through an array of museums and galleries, exploring art, language, culture, and all intersections between.

If you can't make it this week, there's always the Lit Crawl finale next Saturday, Oct. 13. Included is a reading by students of Take My Word For It!--a Bay Area creative writing program that I helped bring to the north bay. I've been teaching two after-school, 8-9 week classes with TMWFI for fourth graders at local schools. The LitQuake writers will read their food writing at 6 pm at 18 Reasons in the Mission. TMWFI is also part of this year's Rockridge Out & About Festival in Oakland tomorrow from 1 - 6 pm. They'll have a "Type-In" booth where you can type on carbon paper.

I'm too busy picking blackberries in the backyard (in October!), but I hope to catch Litquake on Tuesday after I train in the city for my new copywriting job at Viator. I'll excited to have a part-time contract writing online tours and activities for travelers worldwide. In addition, I'm the Press Democrat's new Towns correspondent for Cotati/Penngrove and  Rohnert Park, covering human interest stories in two local, adjacent towns. I publish several short posts online each week as well as a longer centerpiece that appears in print each Sunday.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...